Call for Editor-in-Chief: International Journal of Molecular Microbiology
PSM invites applications from eligible scholars and researchers for the position of Editor-in-Chief (EiC) for the International Journal of Molecular Microbiology (IJMM) and share duties and responsibilities on a voluntary basis.
The journal is also seeking applications for Section Editor-in-Chief positions.
International Journal of Molecular Microbiology (IJMM; ISSN: 2617-7633) is a peer-reviewed, open-access, international scientific journal that publishes original and high-quality research on all aspects of molecular microbiology.
Qualification. The applicant holds a relevant doctoral degree, or a university lecturer position, or is a research fellow or the equivalent AND has published at least three academic papers in peer-reviewed journals.
Area of expertise. The applicant has good knowledge and research experience in his major scientific areas.
English language skills. The applicant has a strong command of the English language with verbal and written fluency.
Responsibilities of the editorship include:
- The Editor-in-Chief is responsible for maintaining the quality, integrity, and efficiency of all peer-review processes.
- Contributing to the strategic development of the Journal.
- Actively commissioning content and exercising responsibility for the selection of submitted articles
- Managing the receipt of submissions, and editing articles. The Editor/s reviews papers, manage the peer-review process and are responsible for content quality and relevance.
- Acting as Guest Editor of a Special Issue in your particular field of expertise, or recommending potential topics and Guest Editors.
- Managing and developing the Editorial Board and Editorial Advisors.
- Representing the Journal and promoting it when possible, with the support of PSM.
- Volunteering with the PSM can be an excellent opportunity to work within a multi-disciplinary and committed editorial team.
- IJMM provides an excellent opportunity to engage with, support, and develop your field of study.
This is a voluntary position: PSM is a non-profit organization run by academics and built around a committed community of volunteers.
If you would like to become editor-in-chief for IJMM, please provide the following information:
- First name
- Last name
- Areas of research interest
Please submit your application information, biography, and CV to the PSM Editorial Office, email: email@example.com
For more information about the journal, visit the homepage: